Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Week 9 #21

Podcasts are neat because you don't have to have an Ipod to listen in. You don't even have to have Itunes, either. All you need is a Bloglines account. I did a search for podcasts on Buddhism at podcast.net and came across The Path of the Mahayana, an ongoing series of Dharma Talks and lectures by Dharma Teacher Rev. Jiun, Osho, covering the entire spectrum of Mahayana Buddhism and detailing the path and practice of the Bodhisattva. I added this to my Bloglines account. Now, just to find some time to listen!

I did a search for library and library news at podcast.net and found "Tonight at the Pritzker Military Library." This is interesting because the podcast outlines the upcoming events at the library. Also, podcasts of speaking events held at the library are available for listening. It seems that this would be very useful for HCPL branches. HCPL libraries could follow suit and make speaking events available as podcasts.

No comments: