Monday, December 17, 2007

Week 10 #23

I mean, it's the last post for the 23 Things Project! It is hard to believe. Although I have been on the IHCPL committee, the 23 tasks appeared daunting to me for quite some time. I personally needed some help with a couple of the tasks- online image generators and LibraryThing- but, apart from these two things, I had no trouble completing the exercises. I was left with the thought- See, that wasn't so hard!

Personally, my favourite exercise was week 3 #5: create a free Flickr account. I have fallen in love with Flickr since first making my account while on IHCPL- for better or for worse. Flickr has allowed me to explore my interest in photography- an interest that I have never properly acknowledged over the years. I recently acquired a digital, single lens reflex camera and signed up for a photography class through Leisure Learning. I now have a new hobby! Plus, I am making friends on the other side of the globe. Flickr is definitely my social networking tool of choice.

The 23 Things project has affected my lifelong learning goals by making me more confident in my ability to learn new technological skills. As I mentioned before, one unexpected outcome of the 23 Things Project was the relative ease at which I completed the tasks.

At this point in time, one thing I really want to explore is Animoto. I saw Melanie's excellent music video featuring HCPL photos and I now want to make my own!

Stay tuned. . .

No comments: